Counterfeit drysuits... Don’t do it!
Our President, Stig Larsson, unboxed a counterfeit dry suit that we bought on Amazon from a brand that was copying our images... (this suit is also listed on Alibaba and Aliexpress) we also did a pressure test at the end of the video to test the waterproofness of the seam tape.
Here are a few of Stig's key takeaway's:
- The counterfeit dry suit is less than half the quality of our Emperor Dry Suit. Not worth the $560 spent on Amazon (with shipping and tax). For that price you could buy a 5-year old used Empero Dry Suit as a safer product.
- Inferior latex gasket that may only last a couple of uses.
- Double-tunnel is not long enough to work or create a seal around the tunnel of a spray skirt.
- Waist adjustment system that doesn't work.
- Bulky neoprene socks will not fit any river boot.
- Questionable quality waterproof zipper. Stig would not trust his life with a waterproof zipper that is not YKK or TIZIP. If your suit fills with water during a swim in whitewater, "it will probably be your last day."
- Not worth taking the risk to save a few hundred dollars.
- When you buy Level Six you are supporting years of hard work that has gone into designing a high-quality and durable dry suit.
- You are also supporting reat causes that give back to the kayak community and watershed conservation.